February 23rd, 2023
Amro co-founder and group President Ami Kotecha has been appointed Chair of the UK PropTech Association (UKPA) following a unanimous vote by the Board.
Ami’s tenure begins during an inflationary economic environment that can provide interesting opportunities for Proptech start-ups. However, UK tech start-ups are also having to work harder to attract new venture capital investment, and while Biden’s Inflation Reduction Act has put tailwinds of $370 billion behind climate tech solutions, the UK must respond quickly and decisively to show its own commitment to green tech investment and to innovation as a whole by offering a speedy replacement to the planned reduction in R&D tax credits.
PropTech holds the key to solving the largest problems facing the real estate sector as it grapples with decarbonisation, dislocation and a growing need for data-enhanced decision making.
UKPA is already taking the lead in facilitating discussions, nurturing ideas and creating an open environment for the tech community to cross-germinate and collaborate with large and small real estate sector players.
Some of the key initiatives that Ami would like to promote as UKPA Chair include:
- Encouraging greater representation of Proptech start-up founders from diverse and minority backgrounds
- Levelling up the UKPA’s presence across the UK to fully realise the potential of tech pockets in the North and Midlands, as well as in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Embracing start-ups in exciting emerging RE sectors such as life sciences, medical and data centres and renewable energy infrastructure
- Encouraging more innovation to address the productivity challenge, including robotic process automation and off-site solutions
- Advocating for greater openness and data-sharing in the real estate sector
Ami Kotecha said: “I’m thrilled to take on the role of UKPA Chair at this critical time. Proptech can provide solutions to many of the issues we face, including decarbonisation of the built environment and the creation of more equitable and fair communities. I look forward to working with our members to drive greater adoption of tech solutions across the real estate sector.”
February 8th, 2023